Orangutan Tour Tanjung Puting
- 3 Days / 2 Nights
Orangutan tour Tanjung Puting is one of our best selling travel destinations. Adventure Indonesia not simply about bringing visitors to see the Orangutan. We believe that we need to RAISE AWARENESS of the threats they are facing now. As a fact on how a big number of Orangutans keep decreasing in the past years and it should worry us all.
There is no special condition requires to fully enjoy this magical Orangutan trip. We could do the visit at any time of the year, dry or wet season. You will find different beauty of nature at both kinds of weather.
In this trip, klotok will be the main transportation. Klotok is a traditional boat made of wood. From the klotok houseboat upper deck, you have a better opportunity of sighting birds, proboscis monkeys, and crocodiles in the trees at the riverside. Waked up at dawn by the “morning concert ” of tropical rain forest creatures. It will be full of an exciting experience.
- Upon arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport, you will be picked up by our local staff.
- Transfer to Kumai, board on the houseboat. The houseboat is a traditional wooden riverboat with a roof which forms the upper deck where you can view the rain forest as it glides by. The guide's team includes the boatman, a cook, and an expert guide.
- In the peaceful afternoon, we will slowly explore the quite river by the klotok while observe the proboscis monkeys along the riverside.
- Dinner on the boat
- Overnight on the klotok houseboat or riverside eco-lodge. While overnight on the boat we serve thin mattress, pillow, fine meals, bottled "mineral" water, mosquito net, kitchen, simple toilet available on boat besides the familiar - helpful guides and boatmen.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner on Boat
Overnight: Klotok Boat or Riverside Lodge
- Travel up the river for about 2 hours boating and then up a side creek to Camp Leakey where the older orangutans were reintroduced into the rain forest.
- En route stop at Pondok Tanguy, the former rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans. At Camp Leakey, you will have the opportunity to trek into the rain forest with your expert guide and the forestry rangers to appreciate the flora as well as perhaps sighting wild orangutans, gibbons, macaques, and birds.
- Lunch provided on boat.
- Afternoon visits the feeding station to see rehabilitate orangutans are given additional foods. We will then sail back down the river to overnight on the klotok houseboat or riverside eco-lodge.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Overnight: Klotok Boat or Riverside Lodge
- Breakfast and boating down to Kumai
- Transfer by car to Pangkalan Bun airport for your next destination.
Meals : Breakfast
Formerly functions as orangutans rehabilitation center, Camp Leakey was set up in 1971 by Louis Leakey to support research activities in Tanjung Puting Wildlife Reserve.
The camp and surrounding area is designated as a special utility zone. Over the years, the camp has served the research efforts of several scientist and students. Tourist will be able to walk on certain trails of the trail system without disturbing the research activities. On the way to Camp Leakey (on Sekonyer Simpang Kanan river), you may occasionally see crocodiles and the false gavials.
Pondok Tanguy, a rehabilitation center for formerly captive orangutanss who are being reintroduced to the wild. Here you can do some short hiking and observe the staff ’s interactions with the orangutanss. There are several feeding stations set up around Tanjung Puting National Park and once a day, at each location, park rangers bring bananas, durian and other fruit to feed the orangutans that live in the area. The feeding stations were set up to rehabilitate displaced and orphaned orangutans whose existence has been threatened by the rapid elimination of the rainforest through abusive logging and mining methods practiced mainly by the local Dayak people who, though their livelihood, are destroying the rain forest. Regular interactions with humans have made the orangutans, who live in the wild, accustomed to the presence of people. Though the orangutans will likely come close, you are not allowed to touch them or interfere with their feeding.
- English Speaking Guide
- Meals as stated on itinerary B ( Breakfast ), L ( Lunch ), D ( Dinner )
- Accomodation on Klotok Boat or River Lodge
- AC Transportation
- Transfer in / out
- National Park Entrance Fee
- Police permit
- Ranger fee
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip