Yogyakarta Merapi Tour
- 4 Days
- Upon arrival at Yogyakarta, pick up by our guide.
- Then proceed to visit Prambanan Temple. one of the most beautiful Hindu temples in Indonesia. The local people also call the temple as the Roro Jonggrang, meaning the temple of the slender virgin. According to the local belief, the temple was a beautiful virgin, who was cursed after ignoring her promise.
- After the Prambanan Temple tour, we drive to the north to Magelang Town, approximately 55 km away.
- Stay overnight in Magelang.
Hotel plan : Sarasvati Borobudur or similar
- Very early in the morning, start the Borobudur Sunrise tour. A chance to see the sunrise over the majestic Borobudur Temple and to explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Back to the hotel for breakfast.
- Then drive to Kaliurang, the slope of Merapi and visit the Kaliadem area to enjoy the Merapi Jeep tour. If it is permitted, we will make a pleasant walk to the higher point of this still active volcano
- Back to Magelang before lunchtime.
- Check out, then proceed to Candirejo Village, experience riding Dokar horse carriage.
- Taking a walk exploring the richness of Candirejo village to gain insight into the daily local community either in custom, tradition, the agriculture system of intercropping. Having direct experience with the local people in the field of planting, preparing the ground for cultivation, picking many kinds of seasonal fruits is a memorable chance, drink young coconut water freshly pick up from the coconut tree.
Then, we head to the downtown of Yogyakarta.
Hotel plan :
- Our Yogyakarta tour starts with a visit to King Palace of this historical city, located in the city center. The palace was the center of the government of Mataram Islam kingdom and is now a center of Javanese art and culture.
- Then we take you to witness how the locals make their wonderful batik and the craftsmen at work in a silver handicraft factory.
- Then, we drive for approximately 1.5 hr through the smooth road to the west of Yogyakarta, to Banguncipto village. Even though the village is close to Yogyakarta, we still can enjoy the very typical life of the locals. You can hire a bicycle and ride through the village, passing farmland, rice field, stops at some interesting places, meet the locals at work, observe their daily work (making Gamelan music instrument, or making soya bean, making salted egg, etc).
- In the evening, we take you for dinner while watching Ramayana Dance performance at Purawisata.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- we can take you for shopping before transfer to the airport.
- Transfer to the new airport of Yogyakarta to your next destination.
This huge Buddhist pyramid is Buddhism's largest shrine in Indonesia, built in the 9th century. Located northwest of Yogyakarta, Borobudur was completed in the second half of the ninth century. Borobudur was unknown and neglected for almost a thousand years, covered under thick layers of volcanic ash. From afar Borobudur looks like a huge but ordinary stone construction. But from nearby we can see that it consists of hundreds of wonderfully detailed statues and sculptures, representing Buddhist teachings mixed with images of Javanese life of a thousand years ago.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip