Mount Ijen Blue Fire Trekking
- 2 Days
You Shouldn’t miss doing the Mount Ijen blue fire tour after or before your Bali trip. Mount Ijen is a volcano known for its beautiful crater lake. Turquoise colored with a 1 km wide and 175 meters deep. Standing around 2,769 meters (9,058ft), Mount Ijen is one of the most famous volcanoes in Indonesia, located in East Java, near Bali. You can take the ferry to cross from Gilimanuk port in West Bali to Ketapang port in East Java for an hour.
Mount Ijen Blue Fire Trekking
Another thing that makes Mount Ijen special is the blue fire, also known as the blue flame. It is located in certain parts of the crater, where the sulfur miners gathered the sulfur. The blue flame happens as the sulfur gas adds a high pressure and temperature. When the sulfur released the gas, it will meet the oxygen that creates the blue flame.
A gas mask is needed when you want to see this blue flame. As it produces a strong smell, so it might be hard for you to see it closely. However, if the weather and condition are supported, there is a chance for you to see it closely. After that, you will climb up to the rim of the crater and see the beautiful sunrise. Enjoy the beautiful panorama from Mount Ijen with the fresh air and the warm sunlight. On your way back you might meet many sulfur miners carrying 60-70kgs on their bare shoulders for 2 miles ascending and descending the steep Mt. Ijen slopes.
*) The following Mount Ijen trekking itinerary starts and ends from Bali. We can customize the itinerary according to your need, add the Mount Bromo tour, or start and end the tour from Surabaya airport.
- Picked up at 10 AM from your stay in Bali.
- Transferred for about 4 hours driving to Gilimanuk port for a ferry crossing to East Java (Ketapang Port). Note: The crossing will be around an hour (when the weather is good, Mt. Agung in Bali and Mt. Raung in Java can be seen from the ferry).
- Arrive in Ketapang Port and directly transfers to your hotel in Banyuwangi.
Accommodation: Ketapang Indah Hotel or similar
You also could choose to take a direct flight from Denpasar to Banyuwangi ( only 40 minutes ). Our Guide will pick you up at Banyuwangi Airport and transfer to the hotel. ( Banyuwangi city tour)
- Rise early, at 1 AM, for the Mt. Ijen (2.400 m) excursion.
- From the hotel, transferred for an hour to Paltuding (1.850M) area through uphill road and the rain forest.
- From Paltuding, trekking up for about 2 hours to the crater rim, and another 30-45 minutes trekking down into the crater.
- Enjoy Ijen Blue Flame and Sunrise from Ijen.
- Drive back to the hotel for breakfast and freshen up.
- Check-out from hotel and drive back to Ketapang Harbour
- Cross to Bali by ferry and go back to accommodation in Bali
Take an afternoon flight back to Denpasar ( transit at Surabaya City )
**Please note if you are not interested in the blue flame tour, then we can change to the Mt. Ijen sunrise tour that will start at 3.30 from your hotel.
- All land transportation in AC vehicle
- English speaking guide
- 1 Night accommodations as per the itinerary based on Dbl/Twn occupancy
- 1x Breakfast at hotel
- Tours & Services as per the itinerary
- All entrance fee, Permits and Donations as per tour.
- Mineral water & Refreshment during tour
- Travel insurance
- Extra meals
- Alcoholic beverages and snacks
- Laundry and other personal expenses
- Delay or cancellation due of nature or weather
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip