Betung Kerihun National Park Tour
- 6 Days
Betung Kerihun National Park was determined by the Ministry of Forestry as a national park in September 1995. This Park is located in Putussibau and Embalih district, West Kalimantan. Covers a total area of 800,000 hectares, or approximately 5,5% of the total area of West Kalimantan. Certainly, the species diversity of flora and fauna in this area is one that you cannot miss. You can see 97 species of orchid, 49 species of palm, 300 species of bird (25 endemic to Borneo), 162 fish species and at least 54 mammals in the Betung Kerihun National Park. The indigenous inhabitants of this region are also including a variety of Dayak tribal groups.
Besides the high biodiversity of flora and fauna, a lot of interesting tourist attractions can also be found. The beautiful tropical landscape becomes more attractive as by the vibrant cultural richness of the community living inside and outside the park boundaries.
Betung Kerihun National Park is known as a mega-diversity area with numerous sites and activities of interest. Inside the dense jungles of Betung Kerihun National Park, many new plant species have been discovered and for the animal lovers, the diversity of fauna offers ample opportunities for observing birds, fish, primates and other large mammals in their natural habitat.
Local indigenous knowledge in managing their natural resources and forests is reflected in cultural attraction with a distinct flavor of Dayak tribal traditions. See how they live from hunting, farming, and other source.
Borneo adventure is a unique experience for the intrepid, those who fear nothing. The pristine tropical rainforest will provide a majestic backdrop for any activity in this park.
- Upon arrival at Pontianak, meeting service, transfer to hotel.
- Free at your own leisure.
- Afternoon, short sightseeing around Pontianak, visit the equator monument.
- Dinner and overnight at Hotel
- Early breakfast
- Transfer to airport to catch your morning flight to Putussibau.
- Arrive in Putussibau
- Directly driving to Mataso village to catch the boat crossing the Embaloh River, on the way we will pass farmlands.
- By longboat, we cruise upstream to Embaloh, from where we continue passing rapids to Betung Kerihun National Park.
- Lunch will be served en-route,
- Dinner and overnight at prepare jungle camp.
- Trekking to explore the Betung Kerihun National Park, the trails lead us through canopy bridges, passing rivers, spotting wild animals and when lucky we might see a wild orangutan.
- Lunch will be served en route
- dinner and overnight at jungle camp.
- Transfer to Lanjak by boat and continue by car and boat to Tekenang village in the area of Danau Sentarum National Park.
- Here we can explore the wildlife of the wetlands.
- Lunch will be served en route
- dinner and overnight at homestay.
- In the afternoon, we can climb the Tekeng Hill to see the lake from above and the beautiful sunset.
- cross the lake to explore wildlife, wetland, and fishermen village.
- Next, we will cross the lake into Kapuas River to Semitau village to catch our car for driving to Sintang town.
- check in to the hotel.
- Lunch and dinner will be served en route.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- transfer to Sintang airport to catch your flight to Pontianak.
- You can continue to your next destination.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip