Bird Tour Borneo & Orangutan
- 5 Days
During Bird tour Borneo, you will spot a huge number of bird species in Tanjung Puting National Park.
The best month to do birding is during the dry season (May – September) and the best time is in the early morning. Birds are probably the most active and alert in the morning because they are out trying to find food. Depending on where you are, the advantage of going birding early in the morning is that no one else is around to disturb the birds. You will be able to watch their natural behavior.
- Arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport
- you will be picked up by our local staff
- Transfer to Kumai port to board on the boat.
- On the way up Sekonyer River you will see the different vegetation around the river bank like Nipah Palm, Pandanus, water lily and other kind of vegetation. Around the river also habitat of Pink-Necked Green Pigeon, Little Green Pigeon, Green Imperial Pigeon, Brahminy Kite, Heron, Bulbul, Fantail, King Fisher, Broadbill, etc.
- Meals ( Lunch and Dinner ) on the boat
- Overnight at klotok houseboat or riverside lodge.
- Early breakfast at klotok boat.
- At 5:00 AM we start our program to see some birds in the secondary forest around the Pesalat area. Here you will see some kind of birds such as Pink-Nacked Green Pigeon, Little Green Pigeon, some kind of Bulbul, Long-Tailed Parakeet, Chestnut, Bellied Malkoha, Coucal, Trogon, Hornbill, Barbet, Woodpecker, Minivet, Leafbird, Babbler, Flowerpecker, etc.
- Back to the boat to have lunch.
- In the Afternoon, boating up Sekonyer River for River Bird Watching Safari. You will enjoy take some pictures or observe them with your binocular from the boat.
- Meals on the boat and overnight at klotok boat.
- After breakfast
- board the klotok to travel up a side creek to Camp Leakey where the older orangutans used to be were reintroduced into the rain forest. At Camp Leakey, you will have the opportunity to trek into the rainforest with your expert guide and the forestry rangers to appreciate the flora as well as perhaps sighting wild orangutans, gibbons, macaques, and birds.
- Lunch provided on boat.
- Afternoon visits the feeding station to see ex-rehabilitate orangutans are given additional foods. We will then sail back down the river. Overnight at klotok boat or riverside lodge .
- We will be boating around the river for River Bird Watching Safari. You will enjoy take some pictures or observe them with your binocular from the boat. Lunch on board.
- Return to Camp Leakey then take some trekking into the forest. Here you will see some kind of birds in the primary forest such as Shama bird, Trogon, Drongo, Hornbill, if you are lucky you will see Asian Paradise- flycatcher, pheasant, etc.
- At the appropriate time return to the boat then boating down to the Nipah Palm area to see a thousand fireflies. Meals ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner ) on the boat and overnight at klotok boat or riverside lodge.
- After breakfast boating down to Kumai.
- Transfer to Pangkalan Bun airport for your flight to the next destination.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip