Orangutan Tour & River Safari
- 4 Days / 3 Nights
Kalimantan Orangutan Wildlife tour & river safari is our best selling travel destination. However, it is not simply about bringing visitors to see the Orangutan but to RAISE AWARENESS. Orangutan faces threat as a big number of Orangutans keeps decreasing in the past years. By signing up on the orangutan trip with Adventure Indonesia, you have taken part in supporting orangutan conservation project. Certainly, some parts of your land cost including the donation for the orangutan project.
The interesting part of the Orangutan tour itself is the boat that will be used. Klotok is a wooden riverboat with a roof which forms the upper deck. From the upper deck, you can view the rain forest as it glides by. In the peaceful afternoon of your tour, we can slowly explore the quite river by klotok while observe the monkeys along the riverside. It will be a fun experience to have overnight in klotok too.
- Arrived, picked up at Pangkalan Bun Airport and drive straight to Kumai to board on the boat (Klotok).
- Explore the river by klotok.
- Dinner on the boat
- Overnight at klotok to riverside eco-lodge. Note that overnight in Klotok, we will serve a thin mattress, pillow, fine meals, bottled "mineral" water, mosquito net, kitchen, simple toilet available on boat besides the familiar - helpful guides and boatmen.
- Breakfast and board the klotok to travel up river for about 2 hours to see the orangutan in Camp Leakey.
- En route stop at Pondok Tanguy, the former rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans.
- Arrived at Camp Leakey, trek into the rain forest to see the varieties of flora, sighting wild orangutans, gibbons, macaques, and birds.
- Lunch on boat.
- Afternoon visit to the feeding station of the orangutan.
- Sail back down the river.
- Overnight on the boat or eco-lodge.
- Breakfast and have your extra day at the park.
- Explore deeper in the jungle, trekking in the different trails, and encounter different orangutan both wild or ex-captive and other wildlife, the tropical rain forest of Borneo, and different beauty of nature.
- Meals and overnight served on the boat or eco-lodge.
- Boating down to Kumai.
- Transfer by car to Pangkalan Bun airport for your next destination.
- English Speaking Guide
- Meals as stated on itinerary B ( Breakfast ), L ( Lunch ), D ( Dinner )
- Accomodation on Klotok or River Lodge
- AC Transportation
- Transfer in / out
- National Park Entrance Fee
- Police permit
- Ranger donation.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip