- 4 Days
Gorontalo Tour includes the Togian Islands, a beautiful island group in the Gulf of Tomini in Central Sulawesi. To reach the Togian Islands, there are two primary entry points – from Gorontalo (North) and Ampana (South).
Gorontalo to Togean Islands
Gorontalo is roughly double the distance from Togean (over 100 KM vs 40 KM) compared to Ampana and has a less frequent public boat service. However, Gorontalo can be easily reached by direct flight from Jakarta, Makassar or Manado. You can reach Togian Island by public ferry for 12 hours or by a private chartered speed boat ( takes 4 hours ). The Ferry boat from Gorontalo to Togean Islands only available every Tuesday & Friday.
Ampana to Togean Islands
You can reach Ampana by car from Palu for around 8 hours, or from Luwuk for around 5 hours. Another choice is an overland trip from Rantepao in Tana Toraja for 14 hours. From Ampana to Wakai Harbour in Togean Islands, you can use a joining speed boat for around 2 hours. We recommend you go to Ampana via Luwuk for a shorter hour.
Togian Islands are very close to the equator, due to that are all islands covered with tropical rain forest. It gives you an eye-popping experience! The local people here are very traditional. Meet people from Bajo Village and you will be amazed that they did not live in the ground, but up in the sea! You can also dive and see beautiful corals and fishes, stingless jellyfish. Obviously with the beautiful scenery all day long.
Snorkeling with the Whale Shark is one of the Gorontalo tour highlights you don’t want to miss!
- Arrival Gorontalo Airport
- Our guide will pick you up and take for a short city tour to visit Otanaha Fortress, which was built in 1522 by King Ilato from the Gorontalo Kingdom. Located in Dembe Hills, from this place you can see the beautiful Limboto Lake.
- Transfer by private charter speed boat to Togian Islands for around 4 hours boating.
- Check-in at Kadidiri Island Resort. There is no mobile phone signal here.
- Lunch at the resort
- Enjoy your free time today.
- Dinner at the resort.
Accommodation: Kadidiri Paradise
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
You can also reach Togian Island by public ferry boat which departs at 17.00, (only every Tuesday and Friday). it takes around 10-hour boating. Overnight in a standard cabin room with AC. At around 5 AM arrive at Togean Island. Then we will transfer you to Kadidiri Island for check-in.
- Breakfast at Resort
- At 09.00 AM we will start the Island hopping tour.
- First, we will visit Malenge Island, see the activities of Bajo People here that very unique and interesting, they live by becoming fishermen on the islands.
- Around 12 noon, continue to California marine park, a beautiful marine park expanse in the middle of the sea, a kind of coral islands. Snorkeling in this area.
- Around 3 pm back to the resort, Sunset program, free program.
Accommodation: Kadidiri Resort
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Breakfast at the resort
- Around 9 am we will visit the stingless Jellyfish lake by a boat. There are hundreds of colorful jellyfish. You can touch and snorkel with hundreds of jellyfish.
- Continue to Karina Beach, an empty white sandy beach.
- Return to the resort
- Check out and transfer to Wakai Harbor to take a ferry boat back to Gorontalo. The ferry boat will depart at around 16.00. (only available every Monday and Thursday)
- Overnight on the boat.
Accommodation: On Ferry Boat ( A/C room )
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Arrive Gorontalo Harbor at around 5 am
- Transfer to Hotel in Gorontalo for a rest.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- At 08.00 AM we will pick you up from your hotel to the Whale Shark park for snorkeling.
- At around 11 AM Return to the hotel for taking a bath.
- In the afternoon or the next morning, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to your next destination.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip