Tangkahan Tour & Bukit Lawang
- 5 Days
The Bukit Lawang and Tangkahan tour start from Kualanamu airport of Medan. It is recommended if you can arrive by morning flight and our local guide will pick you up to start your 3 – 4 hours driving to Tangkahan. The distance is about 93 km away from Medan via Binjai and Batang Serangan. More than halfway will be on a bad road condition, bumpy road – that will slower the car .
Upon arrival in Tangkahan, then directly to the lodge to keep your stuff that you don’t need during the 2 days Tangkahan jungle trekking. All the stuff you do not need during in the jungle you can leave at the lodge. We will prepare 1 luggage room with lock to keep all your stuff.
On the 2nd day of your Tangkahan tour, you will be taken deeper in to the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park. During the jungle trekking you will have a chance to see wild Orangutan, Thomas Leaf Monkey’s, Gibbons, Deer, Macaques, and other wildlife.
- Start your 2 days jungle trekking to the Leuser National Park and hunt the wild orchid, see the amazing Ficus tree and observe varieties of flora and fauna. If you are lucky, have a chance to see Gibbons, Orangutans, Thomas Leaf Monkey’s, Deer, or Macaques.
- Overnight around the Goa Kambing (Goat Cave) area – or other appropriate spots.
- Dinner and explore more things near the campsite and if you are lucky, meet the nocturnal animals.
- Breakfast and continue trekking in the jungle for 6 to 7 hours and hunt the wild orchid.
- Trek deeper into the jungle of Mt. Leuser National Park. Along the track, have a chance to see Gibbons, Orangutans, Thomas Leaf Monkeys, Deer, Macaques, and other wildlife.
- In the afternoon out of the jungle by riding on inner tubes along the Batang Serangan River, the inner tubes have been modified to ensure your safety. It will feel like dancing on the river swell using an inner tube.
- Arrive at the finish point and directly walk back to your lodge.
- Dinner will be at the lodge. (Accommodation: Mega Inn Lodge River view).
NOTE: The accommodation in this area is very standard accommodation. No air-conditioned (fan is available), no hot shower, and bed with mosquito net. Please bring your own toiletries.
For a more upscale accommodation option, try Terrario Resort, which consists of three villa bedrooms with complete facilities. The minimum stay in this resort is two days, but you will experience the perfect blend of adventure and comfort.
- Breakfast at the lodge.
- Leave Tangkahan for Bukit Lawang, another part of the Mt. Leuser National Park.
- Transfer by Jeep to Baharok area for 2.5 hours with distance is around 84 Km but note that the road condition is also bad. Pass along rubber and palm oil plantation and some small villages on the way.
- Arrived at Bukit Lawang drop stuff you don’t need in the jungle to the hotel and start the 2 days adventure to explore the other part of Leuser National Park.
- Start the journey, trekking in the Leuser National Park.
- Overnight at the campsite and have dinner.
Note: Before trekking or overnight in the jungle, please re-pack your stuff. All the stuff you do not need during in the jungle you can leave in the luggage room at your hotel.
- Breakfast and continue to explore the national park deeper for Sumatran Orangutan, the beautiful hornbill, sun bear, Siamang “the black gibbon”, birds, and many kinds of flora and fauna. Learn and see the edible plant and medication plant along the track.
- In the afternoon, end the adventure and check in to your accommodation for dinner and overnight.
- Breakfast and check out from the hotel
- Journey to Medan Airport to catch the flight back home or to continue your trip in other city.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip