Baliem Valley Festival
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
The Baliem Festival is a cultural festival where the tribes living near Baliem Valley are gathered and show their tribal attractions such as war dance, pig cooking, traditional music, pig race, and many others. The festival consistently attended by hundreds of peoples (from local tribes). All of them come with their own traditional costumes such as head cover, tattoo, spear, grass skirt, and penis gourd.
The Festival normally held in the second week of August each year. For the Baliem Festival in 2020, it should be held on 6 – 9 August 2020. Unfortunately, the Government of West Papua clarifies that it is canceled.
Due to LIMITED Accommodation in Wamena, an earlier booking will be much appreciated as mostly there will be NO ROOM available for booking close to the festival date.
Cancelation of Baliem Festival
The Government of Jayawijaya officially states that the 31st Baliem Festival in August 2020 will be canceled. They worry about the impact of spreading of the coronavirus, as the festival involves lots of people from 40 districts.
- Arrival at Jayapura Airport at 07 – 09.00 am
- Meeting service by our local staff and then assisted to fly on Trigana within 40 minutes to Wamena.
- Arrive at Wamena airport.
- Transfer and check-in to your hotel.
- Then proceed to visit Napua hill & Sinatma village, drive down to the town for having lunch (own expenses).
- Continue to Wesaput village to see the hanging bridge, local market, and surroundings.
- Back to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- Drive about 30 minutes to the Baliem Valley Festival.
- Enjoy a wonderful and complete cultural performance of Baliem Valleys Tribes, Dani Tribes, Lani Tribes, few of Yali Tribes, that attending this Festival. ** Please note that our car will drop us in the morning and pick up in the afternoon.
- Back to Hotel for dinner and overnight (Baliem Pilamo or Grand Santika Hotel)
- Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch Box
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Drive about 30 minutes to Baliem Valley Festival. Enjoy a wonderful and complete cultural performance of Baliem Valleys Tribes. ** Please note that the car will drop us in the morning and pick up in the afternoon.
- Back to hotel for dinner and overnight (Grand Santika or Baliem Pilamo Hotel)
Meals included: Breakfast and Lunch Box
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer to Wamena airport for your flight back to Jayapura.
- Arrival at Jayapura
- Pick up by our guide for a full day sightseeing tour to visit Sentani lake.
- Lunch at a local restaurant (personal expenses).
- Continue to visit the Anthropology museum, Hamadi market, and Jayapura city tour.
- Check in to the Aston Jayapura hotel for dinner and overnight.
- Meals included: Breakfast
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to next destination.
Meals included: Breakfast
- Airport transfers in Wamena
- Land transportation during tours
- English speaking guide
- Tours as per the program
- Special permits (“Surat Jalan”) to visit Baliem Valley
- All Entry Fees and donations
- Accommodation in WAMENA/BALIEM VALLEY at GRAND SARTIKA on twin/double share basis
- Meals (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch) which are as specified on the program.
- Bottled waters during tour/trekking
- Travel insurance, extra baggage charge
- Personal expenses such as phone calls, laundry, beverages, etc.
- All expenses incurred due to the flight cancellation
- All flights, accommodation, and other services in other places which are not mentioned in the above program,
- Any kinds of Insurance, Dinners, Laundry service, phone call, Optional tours, and activities during the free program, Shopping, and other personal expenses, Any cost happen due to the flight delay/cancellation or due to other causes beyond our control.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Joining Trip
- Private Trip