Baluran National Park Tour & Mt Ijen
- 2 Days
The Ijen mountain, located in East Java, is ideal for both day and night hiking trips. During the day, your journey will leave you in awe with an ever-so-tranquil, blue sapphire-colored lake inside of a crater, not to mention the surreal yellow-colored path on the way there that puffs out sulfur clouds. However, when the clock strikes 00:00 local time, the darkness sets, and the sky starts to twinkle, the nature is finally ready for its blue fire show.
This rare natural phenomenon, where hikers can witness the electric blue fire trickling down the mountainside, glowing against the night sky, exists only in one other place in the world besides Ijen. This wonderfully surreal sight is definitely worth the journey.
This trip is the right match for the curious and the adventurous, who want something a bit more than just leisure hikes. Surely all hikers will be provided with gas masks and other safety precautions to keep hikers out of danger.
For those of you who seek to live to the fullest, this might just be your answer.
- Morning flight arrival at the airport of Banyuwangi direct drive to Baluran National Park for around 2 hours drive
- Stop en route for sightseeing including the green forest where you can see the some wildlife along the road, as well as the butterfly
- Arriving the park, we go to Savanah Bekol to see the wildlife
- Lunch box will be provided
- We will also go to Bama beach to enjoy the beauties of the beach and another wildlife watching in the mangrove forest
- Drive back to Banyuwangi
- Check in and Dinner at hotel in Banyuwangi
Accommodation: Santika Banyuwangi or similar Meals: Lunch box, Dinner
- At 01:00 AM (early morning), drive to Paltidung Post at 1,800 meter above sea level for around 1 hour. Please prepare long pant and warm jackets because it's quite cold, temperature up there about 5 to 10 degrees Celsius
- At 02:00: After 5 – 10 minutes briefing from our guide we start trekking for 1 – 1.5 hour to ascend the 3 km slope of mount Ijen to reach peak of Ijen Crater.
- At 03:00: Resting on the edge of the crater at an altitude of 2883 meters and enjoy best panorama of the lake of sulphate where reflects spectacular view in the surrounding walls to give the impression like doom. The sulfur mining workers go down into the crater and climb back up by passing dangerous path on the edge of Ijen Crater with the load as much as 80 kilograms on their shoulders.
- IF WEATHER & CONDITIONS AT THAT TIME PERMITTED, you will be equipped with a gas mask and you will be taken inside the crater for around 30 minutes to see the misterious BLUE FAMES phenomenon which can be found only in Iceland and in this area.
- Climbing up back to see sunrise at 05:30 at view point to enjoy panorama and the beautiful landscape of Ijen Crater
- 08:00: Trekking back for 1 hour to the car parking and proceed to see the coffee and clove plantation.
- Proceed to Jagir Waterfall where you can swim there.
- After lunch at local restaurant back to airport Banyuwangi for your next next destination
Accommodation: - Meals: Breakfast Box, Lunch
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip