Climb Mount Rinjani – C Route
- 4 Days
- Arrived at Lombok airport by morning flight, picked up at the airport, and directly transfer for about 2.5 hours to Sembalun Village.
- Lunch at Sembalun and commence trekking to Savannah camp (approx 3 - 4 hours).
- Overnight at the savannah.
- Start trekking with a gentle ascent through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300m asl), rest, and enjoy the summit views of Mt. Rinjani.
- Continue our climb towards Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) about 1-hour walk from Pos 1
- Continue trekking for 1.5 hours to Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m).
- Lunch and continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639m), this is a 3.5 hours hard climb amongst the pine-like Casuarina species, locally known as Cemara, with the opportunity to spot wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque.
- Reach the campsite of Plawangan II (approx at 17:00), set up the tent, and enjoy the views of the crater rim.
- Dinner served at the campsite, rest and prepare for an early wake up for the trek to the Summit on the following day.
- Have a snack and hot drink, start trekking to the summit of Mount Rinjani (3726m) with a steady ascent.
- Arrived at the summit and watch the spectacular sunrise with views across Bali, Mt Agung and Sumbawa, the crater lake below, and the island of Lombok stretching even further below.
- Continue trekking to the formation of the ‘new volcano’ Mount of Segara Anak lake (2.010 m asl). Refresh your body by visiting the natural hot springs, which are believed to have healing powers.
- Tents will be pitched on its shores for the night.
- Breakfast and trek to the Crater Rim of Plawangan Senaru (2640m). From here if the weather is clear, you will be able to see the 3 Gili islands.
- Continue to descend the long trail to Senaru Village. You will descend through thick tropical forests rich in flora, bird and butterfly life. If you are lucky, you may spot the rare black monkey, known locally as lutung.
- Drive back to your hotel or airport.
Send Your Enquiry
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip