Mount Rinjani Trekking – A Route
- 3 Days
Our Mount Rinjani trekking program starts from 2 Days / 1 Night and up to the 5 Days / 4 Nights (or longer), this will depend on your personal physical fitness. Please advise us which one suits you and we will create the most suitable itinerary program for you.
Note: During trekking, you will only carry your personal belonging (water for during the trek and raincoat) in your day pack, while other stuff can be carried by our porter team. The rest of the stuff can be left at the guest house.
ELEVATION GAIN FROM SEMBALUN TO SENARU TREK :
- Sembalun Village (1172 m) – Savanna Tengengean Camp (1528 M): 2-3 hours .
- Savanna Tengengean Camp – Plawangan Sembalun (2627 m): 6 hours.
- Plawangan Sembalun Camp(2627 m) – Peak of Rinjani (3726 M): 4-5 hours.
- Plawangan Sembalun Camp (2676 m) – Segara Anak Camp (2006 M): 3-4 hours.
- Segara Anak Camp (2006 m) – Plawangan Senaru (2624 m): 3 Hours trekking.
- Plawangan Senaru – Senaru Village (601 m): 6 hrs trekking.
- Arrived at Lombok airport by morning flight, picked up at the airport, and directly transfer for about 2.5 hours to Sembalun Village.
- Lunch at Sembalun and commence trekking to Savannah camp (approx 3 - 4 hours).
- Overnight at the savannah.
- Start trekking with a gentle ascent through open grassland to Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300m asl), rest, and enjoy the summit views of Mt. Rinjani.
- Continue our climb towards Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) about 1-hour walk from Pos 1
- Continue trekking for 1.5 hours to Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m).
- Lunch and continue the trek up to Sembalun Crater Rim (2,639m), this is a 3.5 hours hard climb amongst the pine-like Casuarina species, locally known as Cemara, with the opportunity to spot wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque.
- Reach the campsite of Plawangan II (approx at 17:00), set up the tent, and enjoy the views of the crater rim.
- Dinner served at the campsite, rest and prepare for an early wake up for the trek to the Summit on the following day.
- Have a snack and hot drink, start trekking to the summit of Mount Rinjani (3726m) with a steady ascent.
- Arrived at the summit and watch the spectacular sunrise with views across Bali, Mt Agung and Sumbawa, the crater lake below, and the island of Lombok stretching even further below.
- Return to the campsite and have a late breakfast.
- Return to Sembalun Village for 5-6 hours.
- Drive back to the hotel or airport.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip