Whale Shark Sumbawa Tour 2D1N
- 2 Days
Whale Shark is a gigantic yet harmless shark. They are often referred to as the ocean’s gentle giant. They are often found in tropical oceans, alone. However, large numbers of whale sharks often gather in areas with lots of plankton food. Whale sharks are often used as an indicator of overall ocean and ecosystem health.
Snorkeling Tips with Whale Shark
- Keep noise to a minimum! As you plunge into the water, enter slowly feet-first and do not jump from the boat.
- Touching the skin of the whale sharks poses an alarming threat, so never touch them.
- Always keep your distance from the whale shark by maintaining at least 3 to 4 meters away.
- Do not use strobes! Keep in mind that excessive flash photography can also stress them up and hurt their vision.
After the fun whale shark snorkeling tour, you can experience some of Sumbawa’s tourist attractions such as; Mata Jitu Waterfall at Moyo Island, Istana Tua Dalam Loka, and Bala Kuning Palace.
- Pick up at any hotel in Sumbawa Besar, transfer to Labuan Jambu village
- Embark on the boat, head out to Saleh Bay, towards the Whale Shark Point or the Bagan traditional boat where the Whale Shark usually congregates (around 1,5 hours boat’s ride)
- Dinner will be prepared on Boat (seafood menu)
- Experience the Bagan Catching Fish Method
- Overnight on Bagan (at the bamboo hut)
- Breakfast on the boat (Traditional seafood)
- Swimming, snorkeling, or free dive with the Whale Sharks
- Return to Labuan Jambu (1,5 hours boat ride)
- Stop at Teluk Santong, have Lunch (Local seafood menu)
- Transfer back to any hotel in Sumbawa Besar
In case of bad weather which does not allow us to go on tour on the scheduled date, we will put it off to another day.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the tour, get no refund but you will get the opportunity to do the tour any other day as scheduled with no extra charge
- Cancellations made one day before the tour, get no refund at all
- Private Land Transportation
- Licensed English Speaking Tour Guide & Driver Fee
- Private boat + petrol (return)
- All Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Bagan and crews fee
- Entrance and conservation fee
- Mineral Water during the tour
- Vest Life
Other personal expenses
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip