Whale Shark Sumbawa Tour 3D2N
- 3 Days
Whale Shark Sumbawa tour is one of a memorable lifetime experience to see this huge no-harm creature. Whale shark often found in some parts of Indonesia, including Saleh Bay in Sumbawa. Up to 60 whale sharks have been seen in Sumbawa. Known as the largest living fish, the whale shark can be over 18meters long with 1.5meters long mouth.
Snorkeling Tips with Whale Shark
- Keep noise to a minimum! As you plunge into the water, enter slowly feet-first and do not jump from the boat.
- Touching the skin of the whale sharks poses an alarming threat, so never touch them.
- Always keep your distance from the whale shark by maintaining at least 3 to 4 meters away.
- Do not use strobes! Keep in mind that excessive flash photography can also stress them up and hurt their vision.
After the fun whale shark snorkeling tour, you can experience some of Sumbawa tourist attractions such as; Mata Jitu Waterfall at Moyo Island, Istana Tua Dalam Loka, and Bala Kuning Palace.
- Pick up Sumbawa Airport and meet your guide.
- Overland trip for about 2,5 hours to the village of Labuan Jambu, known as the biggest fisherman village in West Nusa Tenggara
- Before late afternoon, embark on Bagan Boat head out to sea towards the Whale Shark point where it usually appears, arrives at Whale Shark point after 1,5 hours boat’s ride.
- Before dark, you will experience the unique method of catching fish by this traditional boat.
- Overnight on Bagan boat NOTE : We might be moved to another point depending on where the Whale Shark congregate. In this case, we will use a smaller boat called Bego’ which takes 30 minutes from one to another point. Remark: Dinner will be served on Boat (Seafood Menu)
- After swimming with the Whale sharks, breakfast will be served on the boat, and prepare towards the village of Labuan Jambu.
- Repacking in the village or take a shower.
- Leave the village by mid-day towards Sumbawa Besar, stop off for lunch in a seafood local restaurant
- After lunch proceeds to Sumbawa Besar, arrive after 2 hours’ drive.
- Check in to Samawa Transit Hotel. Free time
Remark : Lunch in a local Seafood restaurant Dinner in a local restaurant
- Breakfast at the hotel restaurant
- Check out and transfer to Sumbawa airport
In case of bad weather which does not allows us to go on tour on the scheduled date, we will put it off to another day.
- All Transportation in 3 days
- 1 night stay Superior room + breakfast at Samawa Transit Hotel
- English Speaking Guide & Driver Fee
- Bagan Traditional Boat (Return)
- Entrance fee
- Meal as stated on the itinerary
- Mineral Water during the tour
Other personal expenses
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip