Whale Shark Sumbawa Tour 3D2N
- 3 Days
The Whale Shark Sumbawa tour is a memorable lifetime experience to see this huge no-harm creature. Whale sharks are often found in some parts of Indonesia, including Saleh Bay in Sumbawa. Up to 60 whale sharks have been seen in Sumbawa. Known as the largest living fish, the whale shark can be over 18 meters long with a 1.5meters long mouth.
Because of their popularity, however, It is crucial to practice responsible tourism and not disturb the whale sharks or their natural habitat. This includes not touching the animal or getting too close, and following the guidelines set by the tour operators. As more people become aware of the beauty and importance of these gentle giants, it is important that we continue to work towards protecting them and their habitats for generations to come.
Sumbawa Whale Shark Season
Whale Sharks Sumbawa do not have a specific season in which they can be seen. These majestic creatures can be found all year round in warm waters around Sumbawa. The whale shark’s diet consists mainly of plankton, which they filter through their massive mouths. Despite their enormous size, whale sharks are harmless to humans and are a popular attraction for divers and tourists who are eager to experience the thrill of swimming alongside these incredible creatures.
Snorkeling Tour with Whale Shark
- Keep noise to a minimum! As you plunge into the water, enter slowly feet-first, and do not jump from the boat.
- Touching the skin of whale sharks poses an alarming threat, so never touch them.
- Always keep your distance from the whale shark by maintaining at least 3 to 4 meters away.
- Do not use strobes! Keep in mind that excessive flash photography can also stress them up and hurt their vision.
After the fun whale shark snorkeling tour, you can experience some of Sumbawa’s tourist attractions such as; Mata Jitu Waterfall at Moyo Island, Istana Tua Dalam Loka, and Bala Kuning Palace.
SUMBAWA TRIP – MOYO ISLAND & SWIMMING WITH WHALE SHARKS TOUR ITINERARY
- Pick up Sumbawa Airport (Sultan Muhammad Kaharuddin) and meeting guide
- Transfer to Ai Loang North Sumbawa
- Embark on the boat towards the island of Moyo, stop over at Takat Segele for snorkeling time, and enjoy the underwater panorama.
- After snorkeling transfer to the village of Labuan Aji, check in at Sunset Moyo Bungalows, and beach lunch.
- A motorbike adventure starting from the village, riding through the tropical forest towards the amazing waterfall of Mata Jitu, nestled amidst the wonderful tropical forest.
- Back to the village after enjoying the waterfall.
- Free time at the hotel.
You will be picked up at 1.30 am and transferred to the village of Labuan Jambu. Arrive in Labuan Bajo, we continue with a motorized boat to the whale sharks point in Saleh Bay where you will experience swimming side by side with the ocean's gentle giants, the whale sharks. Afterward, we return to Labuan Jambu and then proceed to Sumbawa Besar. Lunch in a local restaurant. Drop off at your hotel and free of activities.
Breakfast at a hotel restaurant. After breakfast, check out the hotel and transfer to Sumbawa airport
In case of bad weather which does not allows us to go on tour on the scheduled date, we will put it off to another day.
- All Transportation in 3 days
- 1 night stay Superior room + breakfast at Samawa Transit Hotel
- English Speaking Guide & Driver Fee
- Bagan Traditional Boat (Return)
- Entrance fee
- Meal as stated on the itinerary
- Mineral Water during the tour
Other personal expenses
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip