Tanjung Puting Tour 4 Days
- 4 Days
Tanjung Puting tour gives you the best experience observing Borneo orangutans. The orangutan adventure tour begins as you sail across Kumai and Sekonyer River. This river safari is done entirely on a traditional wooden houseboat which features several cabins and a comfortable upper deck.
Tanjung Puting National Park is situated in Central Borneo, close to the equator. It results in a hot and humid climate all year round, with a particularly dry period from August to October. The average temperature is around 25 to 27 degrees Celsius, but it can reach 34 degrees Celsius during the hottest months.
The humidity level in Tanjung Puting never goes lower than 80 percent, and the rain level is quite stable all year long. However, there are some periods when the rain falls with more abundant drops than usual.
Tanjung Puting Tour Travel Tips
We recommend you wear comfortable clothes, breathable t-shirts, cargo pants, and sturdy but comfortable trekking shoes. Bring long-sleeved shirts to anticipate cold nights or short periods of rain.
Bring Protection from Sun and Bugs. Indonesian rainforest sun is hot and scorching. Bring a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and lotion with a high SPF level to avoid sunburn or heat stroke. Bugs and mosquitos may also be a problem in several areas. Spray your clothes with bug spray, use mosquito repellent lotion, and bring malaria tablets.
Hydrate Constantly. Klotok crew may provide drinks such as tea or coffee, but you must bring your water supply. Fill a big reusable water bottle with mineral water before trekking.
The private Tanjung Puting Tour Package price can get cheaper if you go with more participants. With a customized itinerary designed for you, we put forth flexibility and professionalism at the same time. Clients have free options to get around in accommodation, transportation, and itinerary matching their interests.
- Arrival at Pangkalan Bun Airport.
- you will be picked up by our local staff, transfer to Kumai harbor.
- Cruising to Tanjung Puting with klotok. The boat is a traditional Klotok wooden houseboat which many past tourists of us call it "African Queen" riverboat style with an upper deck where you can view the rain forest as it glides by. The guide's team includes the boatman, a cook, and expert guide.
- In the peaceful afternoon, we will slowly explore the quite river by the klotok while observe the monkeys along the riverside.
- Dinner on the boat and overnight at klotok boat or riverside lodge.
Meals : Dinner
- Travel up Sekonyer River for about 2 hours boating by Klotok houseboat and then up a side creek to Camp Leakey where the older orangutans used to be reintroduced into the rain forest. En route stop at Pondok Tanguy, the former rehabilitation center for the new ex-captive orangutans. At Camp Leakey, you will have the opportunity to trek into the rain forest with your expert guide and the forestry rangers to appreciate the flora as well as perhaps sighting wild orangutans, gibbons, macaques, and birds.
- Lunch provided on boat.
- Afternoon visits the feeding station to see rehabilitate orangutans are given additional foods. We will then sail back down the river to overnight at klotok boat or riverside-lodge.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- You will explore deeper at the lush tropical rain forest of Borneo trekking searching for wild orangutan, gibbon and other endemic wildlife or Borneo.
- Meals and stay overnight at the boat or riverside-lodge.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Boating down to Tanjung Keluang Beach. The areas of Tanjung Keluang Nature Park formed by a stretch of pristine white sand with a calm sea, and the existence of typical coastal evergreen plants that add to the beauty of this natural park panorama. The natural scenic beauty of the beach (sand and mangrove) is also supported by the existence of typical flora and fauna. The flora vegetation that stands out in the Tanjung Keluang Nature Park is Sea Pine (Casuarina sp), and Mangrove (Rhizophora sp). While the wildlife species of fauna that can be found in the Tanjung Keluang Natural Park include: Water Weasel (Cycnogale sp), eagle (Henicopersis novaeguineae) and King Fisher. This nature park is also the spawning grounds for the rare Hawksbill Turtle and Green Turtle. Hawksbill turtle is often dropped into Keluang Tanjung. The nature of sensitive turtles requires special handling. In any case, sometimes you can join in our conservation program to release turtles back to their natural habitat.
- Then boating back to Kumai and drive to Pangkalan bun for overnight at hotel in Pangkalan Bun. Free time at your own leisure and dinner at your personal account.
- At the appropriate time after breakfast then transfer to the airport to catch your flight to the next destination.
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip