Whale Shark Nabire Tour
- 3 Days
Whale Shark Nabire at the Cenderawasih Bay is considered wild animal, which the presence are not under human control. In our experience, the best time to see whale sharks is when it is New Moon, should also inform you that on certain seasons or times we can’t predict when the whale sharks will be there or not, it is not in our control. But when it is Full Moon it is to be sure that we can’t guarantee you will see whale sharks. As these situations already informed, doing the trip is fully your decision and it is considered that you have understand the chances that are going to be faced. Regarding that, how the situations is on the field would not change any price settled and or payment regulation from our resort.
Best time to visit Whale Shark Nabire
All time of the year is good time to see whale sharks as long as it is not Full Moon, when it is Full Moon we can’t guarantee you will see whale sharks in Nabire. The best time to see whale sharks would be when the Moon is Dark or New Moon or as long as it is not Full Moon.
We suggest you arrive in Nabire before 11.00 am so we can then transfer you from Nabire Airport straight to the Resort (about 1,5 hours by speedboat).
Check our helpful tips to enchance your diving experience with the Whale Shark
Take a morning flight arrive in Nabire airport before 11am. Upon your arrival in Nabire airport, you’ll be picked up by a local guide to Kwatisore village for about 3 hour journey. Kwatisore village is located in Cenderawasih Bay, the largest national park in Indonesia. Arrive in Kwatisore village, check in at a home stay. In the afternoon, we prepare for a whale shark adventure that located about 10 minutes by speedboat. Whale shark (Rhincodon typus) is the largest extant fish that can grow up to 12.65 m, this gentle giant only eats planktons and other small fishes. Return to the home stay for dinner. After dinner, we visit night bagan or floating fishing platform to see local fisherman feed the whale shark. Then afterward we return to the home stay for rest overnight.
Accommodation: Home stay Meals plan: Lunch, dinner
After breakfast we get ready for another whale shark adventure.
Off to whale shark spot that located only 10 minutes by motorized canoe. Swim side by side with whale shark, visit Bagan to buy fish for the whale shark (optional). In the afternoon we return to the home stay for lunch. The in appropriate time we return to Nabire. Check in at your accommodation for rest overnight. Accommodation: Home stay // VIP room
Meals plan: Breakfast, Lunch
Early breakfast at the home stay then transfer to the airport to catch your flight to next destination. END OF SERVICE
- Pick up from Airport to the beach of Nabire
- Speedboat from Nabire city beach to Resort (about 1,5 hour)
- Speedboat from Resort to Nabire city beach
- 3 times meal, 2 times snacks per day
- Unlimited mineral water, coffee & tea
- single, double bed
- snorkeling/ diving equipment
- 2 times dive/ snorkeling per day to whale sharks spot and or coral reef or muck diving (by choice)
- 24/7 fresh water flow from the mountain
- Radio communication (no phone signal/ internet connection in the Kali Lemon in Cenderawasih Bay National Park)
- Speedboat to diving spots
- Local dive guide
- Dive tank (free)
- Electricity 24/7 by solar cell
- Speedboat from Resort back to Nabire City
- Transportation to Hotel in Nabire and or Nabire Airport
Other than diving/ snorkeling with the Whale Sharks, the guests can also do other activities, such as:
- Night Bagan (fishing platform) tour (location about 5-10 minutes by speedboat from the resort).
- Traditional village tour (location about 15 minutes by speedboat from the resort).
- Bird of Paradise birding (location about 15 minutes by speedboat from the resort then 45 minutes trekking, to do birdwatching we have to go early in the morning.
- Night dive
- Tailor Made Program
- Flexible Departure Date
- Private Trip